So much of what I do as a personal stylist and a blogger is to help women build confidence – and style is SUCH a fun and easy way to do that.
It might even surprise you, that as a stylist, trends don’t really interest me. They come and go, but I don’t think they should impact too much on your daily life, or your daily wardrobe.
STYLE is so much more than trends.
Your own personal style is truly an awesome way to tell people who you are without having to say a word (kinda like what Rachel Zoe just said up there….)
So what does this mean for you in everyday life?
- Wear what YOU want to wear. If you love it, wear it. If you FEEL good in it, you’ll LOOK good in it.
- If you’re feeling awesome wear colour. It will back up your mood and make you feel even more amazing
- If you’re feeling down wear colour. It has an amazing power to change your mood
- Don’t be afraid to CHANGE your style. We change our hair colour, or the car we drive, or the way we have our coffee, so don’t be afraid to say “that’s just not me anymore”
- Try new things. You never know if you like something until you try it. Trying new styles is a great way to grow your own personal style! Mix it up.
The most important thing to remember about personal style is just that – it’s personal. What you wear, and how you dress is no one’s business but your own (unless you ask for professional help from someone like me of course!).
Have fun with it, mix it up, try a dress with trainers if you’re normally a ballet flats kinda girl, wear navy or grey (or if you are really brave, pink!) instead of defaulting to black, try a heel on with those jeans next time you want to feel extra-fabulous, or rock a statement necklace because no one expects you to.
Stay tuned over the next 6 months! I’ll be bringing you some great expert tips and tricks on how to get your personal style singing! I’m looking forward to it.
Until next time.