This Berry Cream Cheese Stuffed French Toast is a sweet and indulgent treat that’s perfect for a special Mother’s Day brunch. The creamy and tangy filling of cream cheese and raspberry jam adds a burst of flavour to the classic French toast. It’s a delicious way to show your appreciation for the amazing mothers (and mother-figures) in your life.
- 8 slices of bread, preferably brioche or challah
- 115g cream cheese, softened
- 60ml raspberry jam
- 2 large eggs
- 120 ml milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 30 g unsalted butter
- Icing sugar and fresh berries, and your choice of other toppings
- In a small bowl, mix together the cream cheese and raspberry jam until smooth.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture on 4 slices of bread, then top with the remaining slices to make 4 sandwiches.
- In a shallow dish, whisk together the eggs, milk, vanilla extract, and cinnamon.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Dip each sandwich in the egg mixture, making sure to coat both sides.
- Place the sandwiches in a frying pan and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Repeat with the remaining sandwiches, adding more butter to the pan as needed.
- Serve the French toast warm with a dusting of icing sugar and fresh berries on top. Add further toppings at will!
Enjoy the sweet and indulgent treat with your favourite mother-figure, maybe with a glass (or two) of The Sisters Pinot Rosé.