Beauty products are something most women simply cannot do without. With these nine beauty basics, you can create a multitude of looks for day, work, dinner, or the dance floor. Best of all, these items can be found in most shops and don’t have to cost the earth, so you can look fabulous and save your money to spend on wine.
1. Mascara – Great mascara can open up your eyes, give you a look of being awakened and alert, and is an easy way to look polished and professional. Stick to basic brown or black for work, try a coloured mascara to take your look from day to evening!
2. Concealer – Concealer is a must-have for any make up bag! Brighten up dark circles under your eyes, cover up a blemish, or help even out some ruddiness in your skin tone. Many cosmetic brands now have a variety of shades of concealers in one compact, and this can be great to have different options, depending on the amount of make up for the occasion. You can also blend to get the perfect match for your skin tone.
3. Eye brightener – Find a product that has a yellow tint and apply to eyelids if they are dark and dot and blend in the very inner corner of your eyes to look five years younger. Eye brighteners can double as a base to apply eye shadow.
4. Eyeliner – A great eyeliner can accent your eyes in a number of ways and make your eyes “pop,” which helps you look more polished. There are now liquid liners in the market that makes it easy to apply and create a nice, even line. You can line your eyes and smudge it to give the look of eye shadow, or leave the line defined for a more polished look.
5. Lip liner – A perfect lip liner should not show but enhance the shape of your lip. Typically a neutral color will do the trick with almost any skin tone. Use a neutral lip liner on your bottom lip and a bit of your eye brightener to accent the bow of your top lip, making your lips look fuller.
6. Lip gloss – A lip gloss can be worn in a variety of ways. Wear it to moisturise your lips and for a light daytime look. Wear it with liner for a light glow to your lips. Layer it over your lipstick to lighten it up. Dot a bit of your favorite lip gloss in the middle of your bottom lip, after applying lipstick to make your lips look fuller.
7. One “Signature” lipstick – Find one colour that works for you perfectly. Having a signature colour helps you to always have the right look for any occasion. Neutral shades are more popular and typically easier for women with a variety of skin tones.
8. Powder – Many women use mineral powders for foundation-style coverage, and easier to use for sensitive skin. Carrying compact powder can eliminate shine throughout the day, give you a nice, matte finish, and extend the coverage of your mineral powder or foundation. Your powder can provide light daytime coverage for your skin.
9. Bronzer powder or cream – A great bronzer gives a nice sun- kissed glow to the skin, and makes it look healthy and natural without any potential skin damage. Apply bronzer with a light hand! Cream bronzers often give the most natural appearance as they are easier to apply and control.
That’s our list of beauty essentials that will take you from office to dance floor and all places you need to be in between. Anything that you just couldn’t live without that we may have missed?