Warm up your winter nights with these succulent pulled pork burgers. Perfect with a glass of our Pinot Gris.
450g boneless pork shoulder
1 cup barbecue sauce
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
Salt and pepper to taste
4 burger buns
1 carrot, thinly sliced
1/4 small red cabbage, thinly sliced
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon honey
- Preheat your oven to 160°C
- In a small bowl, mix together the brown sugar, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Rub this spice mixture all over the pork shoulder, making sure to coat it evenly.
- Place the seasoned pork shoulder in a roasting pan or oven-safe dish. Cover the dish with foil and roast it in the preheated oven for about 3 to 4 hours, or until the pork is tender and easily pulls apart with a fork.
- While the pork is cooking, prepare the slaw. In a bowl, combine the thinly carrot and red cabbage.
- In a separate small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, and honey to make the slaw dressing. Pour the dressing over the carrot and cabbage mixture and toss until well coated. Set the slaw aside.
- Once the pork is done, remove it from the oven and let it cool slightly. Use two forks to shred the pork into smaller pieces. Place the shredded pork in a bowl and mix in the barbecue sauce until it is well coated.
- Toast the burger buns if desired. Divide the pulled pork mixture evenly among the bottom halves of the buns. Top with a generous amount of carrot and red cabbage slaw.
- Place the top halves of the buns on the slaw to complete the pulled pork burgers. Serve immediately and enjoy!
These pulled pork burgers make for a delicious and satisfying winter meal. Adjust the seasonings and toppings according to your taste, and serve with a chilled glass of the Sisters’ Pinot Gris!