We love to drink our Rosé wine of course. But let’s be honest, if we can find a way to incorporate it into our dessert also, then absolutely yes, we will absolutely do that too! Here’s a great little recipe that we found on Completely Delicious. We tried this out and trust us rosé wine and raspberries together are a perfect combination. These are so worth the effort.
- 64gms unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 128gms granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- 128ml The Sisters Pinot Rosé wine
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 200gms all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 235ml The Sisters Pinot Rosé wine
- 1 cup raspberries, fresh or frozen
- 500gms icing sugar sifted
- 350gms unsalted butter, at room temperature
- Pinch salt
- Additional raspberries, for garnish
- First, prepare cupcakes. Preheat oven to 180°C. Butter muffin pan or line with paper liners.
- In the bowl of stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, or in the bowl with a hand-held mixer, beat butter and sugar together on medium-high speed until light and creamy, about 3 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs, egg yolk, rosé wine and almond extract. In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Add dry ingredients to the mixer in 3 additions, alternating with egg mixture, stirring to combine after each addition. Beat briefly until smooth.
- Scoop batter into the prepared muffin pan, filling each cup only 2/3 full. Bake until cupcakes just begin to turn golden and spring back when gently pressed about 15-18 minutes. Let cool completely.
- To make the buttercream, combine raspberries and rosé wine in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to boil and simmer until reduced and thickened, about 30 minutes. Pass through a mesh strainer to remove raspberry seeds and let cool completely.
- In the bowl of stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, or in a bowl with a hand-held mixer, mix butter, sifted powdered sugar, salt and reduced raspberry rosé mixture until combined. Increase speed to medium-high and beat until smooth and creamy, about 2-3 minutes. Frost cupcakes as desired.
Photo Credit and Recipe Credit: Completely Delicious