This delicious seafood risotto is best paired with The Sisters’ Pinot Gris.
- 400g arborio rice
- 2 L chicken stock
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 shallot
- 1 cup of The Sisters Pinot Gris
- 100g parmesan
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 16 raw prawns with tails on
- Clove of garlic crushed
- Tbsp oil
- Tbsp butter
- Chop shallots and garlic, place in a large high-sided pan on a medium heat with olive oil, and gently sauté.
- Then add the arborio rice stir for 30 seconds then add the cup of wine, one the rice has absorbed the wine start adding the chicken stock 1 cup at a time.
- Lower the heat.
- Once the rice absorbs all the chicken stock add another cup of stock, stir frequently.
- This process will take about 30 mins, once the rice has absorbed all the stock, take off the heat and add parmesan and butter, stir through.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover with a lid and let the risotto rest while you sauté the prawns.
- Place your pan on a medium-high heat, add oil the prawns brown on each side until pink (a minute each side) then add crushed garlic and butter to the pan, sauté for a further minute the butter will give the prawns a nice glaze.
- Serve the risotto in bowls and top with prawns
Garnish with rocket leaves or fresh parsley. Enjoy!