Halloumi is loved for its robust texture and deeply savoury flavour – plus its capacity to be grilled, barbecued or fried without losing its shape. It’s very versatile and make a tasty light meal, perfect for hot summer evenings. There are some great New Zealand styles too.
Kate, the creative genius and founder of the bespoke label Elka Knitwear is also a food lover and talented cook. We guess that’s the way with truly creative people, they can make most things a work of art. She is a fan of our The Sisters Rosé and especially for you has created a special summer salad. It combines halloumi, zucchini and broad beans and is dressed with a fabulous Rosé vinaigrette.
This salad is easy to put together and tastes wonderful. Most of the elements can be prepared in advance, so you can pull it together quickly. It is ideal for an impromptu lunch with friends, or to take to a BBQ. Serve it with a nicely chilled Rosé and it’s just perfect!
Ingredients: (use equal parts of the following)
- The Sisters Róse
- Fresh lemon juice
- Good quality olive oil
- Salt and white pepper
- Mix well. Can be prepared in advance and stored in the fridge.
- Green fancy salad leaves – anything you have on hand.
- Precooked and peeled broad beans
- Grilled halloumi cheese
- Grilled zucchini
- Avocado or olive oil
- Smoked paprika
- Avocado – sliced
- Spring onions – sliced diagonally
- Slice zucchini the long way
- Mix with avocado oil, crushed garlic, salt, pepper and smoked paprika.
- Grill on the BBQ. Set aside.
- Slice halloumi and grill or fry on both sides. Set aside.
- Arrange salad leaves on a platter.
- Place broad beans, zucchini, avocado and halloumi on top and garnish with green onions.
- Serve with Róse vinaigrette dressing on the side.