Summer is nearly upon us. Well at least we hope so anyway! That means that we are heading into wedding season in New Zealand. As every girl knows, before the wedding comes, well the engagement. Increasingly couples are choosing to celebrate their engagements with informal parties with friends and family. And why not, we think it’s important to celebrate every step along the journey.
If it’s a really close friend or sister getting married, then you might like to give her a token gift to mark the occasion. It doesn’t need to be something expensive. This is genuinely a time when it is the thought that counts.
Here are just some ideas of gifts that we think most girls would really appreciate:
- What girl doesn’t love flowers and the idea that her married life will be filled with them. A beautiful vase is a great way to kick-start that idea.
- Put together a selection of wines for special occasions. Attach notes such as, “Enjoy on your one-month anniversary.” She will remember you every time she opens the bottle.
- Of course if your friends are wine loving folk, then there are some great books on wine in New Zealand. These can help the happy couple plan some great wine escapades together.
- Think flirty and fun and a little whimsical. A fabulous cocktail making kit. Did someone say Cosmopolitan?
- You can absolutely never go wrong with a gift basket. What girl doesn’t love to pamper herself, especially in the lead up to the big day. Create a basket filled with body lotion, bath salts, candles, chocolates and of course a Bubbles.
- Special mesh bags for washing delicate items, scented lingerie detergent or pretty new slippers are also really lovely gifts to give.
Regardless of whether or not you choose to give the bride to be a gift, we’re sure that having you as a friend to share this time with, even if she does go a little bridezilla every now and then, is the most important gift of all.