Something crazy happens when you start to get older. You start to get out of bed and think, “Wow, I should actually accomplish something interesting and fulfilling today.”
Now, maybe you already feel like this or are frustrated at how you can’t seem to shake yourself out of those ugly moods you’ve been having periodically since you embarked on the journey of adult life. With all of the responsibilities and stresses life throws our way, we could all use some new habits and methods that promote ways to make us feel good instantly.
Here are just a few ideas:
- Pay someone a compliment. The smile you send out, definitely returns tenfold.
- Book a haircut. Check out Flossie Concierge, which allows you to make spur of the moment appointments.
- List five people in your life and why they are important to you. Send them a message to reconnect.
- Plan what you’d like to eat tonight and take the time to enjoy it.
- Write a card to someone (and post it). It is old school, but trust us.
- Make a donation (think of a charity or cause that resonates with you and look them up online).
- Change your screensaver or background on your smartphone.
- Create a playlist of your favourite songs to play in the car (and share it with your friends)
- Plan a catch-up with a girlfriend or two.
- Print off some photos to frame or send to family. Photobooks are such a great way to capture those important moments.
Have you any suggestions of things that you regularly do that put a smile on your dial? We’d love to hear them, or if you try any of the above, let us know how they worked out.